that lasts a long time senseless debate about where to set the best rice in Spain. Madrid is probably in Samm 2 (we'll talk another day of this house) and Benign House (which we discussed last week). But undoubtedly, is in Valencia where they mastered the art of rice. In Valencia city, two are in my opinion the great masters, Ca Sento (as you can see, in my opinion one of the best restaurants in Spain) and L'Estimat much less ambitious, I could go back a couple of weeks. L'Estimat
is in the Malvarrosa Beach, adjacent to the new Port America's Cup. Delnate the beach there are numerous bars of rice, many of them with a traditional name in Valencia. The Pepic, La Rosa, etc. However, L'Estimat for me remains the undisputed leader of them all.
On our last visit, a small table on the terrace at the edge of the beach, and with the added attraction of having the background training America's Cup. For starters, a Valencian salad with tasty products and first calidad. ¡Qué complicado se ha vuelto comer una ensalada que sepa a algo! Para acompañarla, unos calamares a la romana, ligeramente chiclosos.
Lo mejor llega con la paella. Es esta ocasión, nos decantamos por una de pollo y marisco. Una capa muy fina de arroz cubre la paella, logrando que todo el arroz quede muy crujiente. El pollo y el marisco jugosos y tiernos. El resultado final, una exquisita paella, muy sabrosa, y difícil de encontrar en otros sitios. Pedimos cucharas de palo de naranjo, que como sabréis, es la manera tradicional de comer la paella.
Hacía calor, así que bebimos un clarete valenciano, un discreto Hoya de Cadenas.
For dessert, some strawberries and cream, which seemed freshly picked. Exquisite.
As always, great salad and rice, and a friendly and attentive service. For me, a must every time I go to Valencia. Of course, the paella out small portions, so I recommend asking for some extra helping if you're hungry. I, for example, I 3 servings for 2 people, but you know that I am a good eater ...
Basic information: L'Estimat
Av Neptune, 16 (The Malvarrosa)
46011 Valencia
Tel: 96 371 October 18
Average price: € 40
Wheelchair accessible
0 comments:
Post a Comment