Thursday, July 12, 2007

Materials Used To Build Zulu Bee Hive Hut

Pulcinella (Madrid)

started This blog is high restaurant bills. But let us not forget either of those houses that achieve outstanding results, while containing the account. Double merit. This is the case of Pulcinella, undoubtedly the most authentic Italian Madrid. Those who know me know a little bit further that I had an Italian, so I understand enough of this type of cuisine, and I hope to give you an accurate view of this Trattoria.

Pulcinella is Regueros street, a small, steep street that runs between Bethlehem and Fernando VI. The restaurant has three separate rooms, one at street level, and the other two up four steps. The walls are brick, decorated with photos related to Italy (Sophia Loren, Capri, Positano, etc..). The tables are close together, and may be also a bit noisy, but gets the food story, outweigh these inconveniences. Now have two small tables in the street, but do not seem as comfortable in the world. Among the bartenders, dominated by Italians. The place is always packed (do not even think to go without reservation!), So it can sometimes be a bit slow, but his friendliness and kindness so far supplement. An Italian (Alberto) and Jerez (JuanMa), take care of every detail, and always know how to get everyone out happy.

As I said, the kitchen, truly Italian. Esepcial noteworthy is the mozzarella that arrives fresh every Thursday (Wednesday is often no longer exists), is the richest you can take. I recommend taking it as it comes to the table, or at most with a little oil and pepper. Also like all the provolone baked with tomato sauce. I recommend to ask for a focaccia on the side. Vitello Tonato Rico, very good salad of arugula and parmesan, and eggplant with tomato and cheese.

make pizzas in a wood oven, and it shows. Very thin dough, tomato first, and the edge chubby and fluffy. I recommend especially the arugula, tomato and mozzarella. So simple, that you can see the real quality of the pizza. However, based as it is so good for mass, a pizzaiolo first, and spices for quality, the rest is a matter of taste. All pizzas are rich. Perhaps the worse the calzone, but I admit that I'm not a big fan of that type of pizza.

Among the pastas, enocntraremos fresh pasta, dried and refilled. For me it is always forced to ask some spaghetti with tomato. It is very simple, but they seem straight out of the pan of a Sicilian mamma. The secret? Asking them to leave some whole tomatoes. So are even richer. Nearly all the pastas are rich, but I recommend having a little careful with pasta (especially stuffed) together cheese sauce. Become too heavy and cloying, and as the sauce cools, that there is no one to eat it. If you like spicy, with a spicy oil blends well with the pizzas and pastas. Yes, pica pica.

meats, a couple of simple things like strips of steak, not the specialty of the house, and I almost better focus on pastas and pizzas, which is really what they do here as anywhere else in Madrid .

Among the desserts, rich tiramisu, homemade, and very creamy. The ice cream is nothing special. The wine list, very focused on Italian references, but also filled with English classics. The wines equal the food, very well priced.

far the best and most authentic Italian Madrid, both environment and in kitchen. Prices very content, and it is easy to eat for € 25. The worst? It is difficult to park.

Basic information:
PULCINELLA
c / Regueros, 7

Madrid Tel: 91 319 73 63

Average price: € 25
Wheelchair accessible (ask one of the tables that are in the entry. For the other two parlors have to climb 3 or 4 steps.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment